Every year, RavenCon presents an award for the best room party—The RavenConnie, aka The John Jones Memorial Award for Party Excellence. Who gets to vote? Everyone! Ballots will be available at the Registration Desk (smart entrants will have copies of the ballot at their party). Completed ballots will also be collected at the Registration Desk and in Con Ops.
- The party must be registered with the convention (listing it on Filthy Pierre’s Party Board will count). You can also register your party here.
- The party must be open to all con-goers.
- If you serve alcohol, you must see identification. No underage drinking.
- Selling alcohol is illegal in the state of Virginia without a liquor license. Collecting tips counts as selling.
- Please keep noise to a minimum, there may be non-convention guests staying near you. Your party must be held on the Party Floor so that we don’t disturb people with early morning panels.
- No party can win in more than two consecutive years.
- One vote per person. Votes without a valid badge number will be discarded.
- As always, the Convention Rules must be followed.
The winner is announced at the Con in Review panel (Sunday, 2:00 p.m.) and the award is presented at Opening Ceremonies the following year.
If you’re interested in hosting a room party, please fill out our Party Notification Form so that we can help make sure your party is placed on the official Party Floor.
Past Award Winners
2008 1984: A Brave New WorldCon
2009 1984: A Brave New WorldCon
2010 Baen Barflies
2011 Baen Barflies
2012 1984: A Brave New WorldCon
2014 Scientific Bastards
2015 DC17 Bid Party
2016 Superheroes & Sidekicks
2017 Geek Gala/ConCarolinas
2018 Insane Asylum
2019 Quark’s Bar
2020 No Award Given (COVID)
2021 No Award Given (COVID)
2022 No Award Given (COVID)
2023 Alien Peril Roaming Lab Party