If you’re attending the convention, please remember that everyone has to follow a few simple rules.
- Harassment of any type is unacceptable. Any incidents should be reported directly to the RavenCon staff. We will fairly and impartially review the situation and take any actions that we feel are necessary—up to, and including, revocation of badges and notifying the authorities.
- Please exhibit polite behavior in public areas at all times. Excessive disturbance or abuse of other guests is grounds for immediate expulsion from the convention without a refund.
- Costumers, remember that no costume is no costume. Non-costumers, please be respectful of people in costume. If you would like to photograph someone, please ask first. And remember, cosplay is not consent.
- You must wear your membership badge at all times to be admitted to any RavenCon area or function. Lost badges will be replaced one time only.
- Photographs, audio recordings, and videos taken during RavenCon may be used by RavenCon for the purposes of event documentation, media coverage, and promotion of the convention.
- If you would like to film or record a panel or event, please secure the permission of everyone involved before recording or filming.
- Please turn off your cell phone during all events. If you must make or receive a call, please leave the event so you do not disturb others.
- While we encourage children and family participation, we ask that parents take an active role in monitoring their children’s activities. Not all events are appropriate for children.
- Please do not abuse the hotel facilities.
- Weapons Policy: This includes real, replica, or toy arms of any sort, including but not limited to swords, light sabers, pistols, rifles, blasters, squirt guns, etc. No concealed weapons are allowed on the hotel premises. All Virginia state laws concerning weapon possession and use apply. All weapons must be non-working and peace-bonded, this includes bladed weapons which must be cased or sheathed at all times. We will be happy to assist you in peace-bonding your weapon at Con Ops. Any weapon used in an offensive or threatening manner will be confiscated and is grounds for expulsion from the convention without a refund.
- No camping in the halls or lobby. If you are found sleeping in any public area, you will be asked to go to your hotel room. If you do not have a hotel room, you will be asked to leave the premises.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking is allowed in convention areas and functions.
- RavenCon can not permit unauthorized vendors to sell products during the con. Our dealers pay good money to be here and it’s simply not fair to them otherwise.
- RavenCon is not responsible for items lost or stolen during the convention. The Lost & Found is located in Con Ops (the York Room, 2nd Floor, Madison). Items remaining at the end of the con will be thrown away. As each of us has lost stuff from time to time, we can sympathize with you. We’ll even try to help you find your missing items. We cannot, however, replace them.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age is grounds for immediate expulsion from RavenCon without a refund.
- Alcohol is NOT to leave any hotel rooms. Room parties are encouraged but any alcohol that is served must stay in the room that it is served in. If you want to drink outside of your room, there is a very nice bar in the hotel.
- Party hosts are responsible for carding ALL people when they serve alcohol.
- Room parties, although open to the convention, are held in private rooms. You need to respect your hosts, they have the final say on who is allowed in their room.
- Please express any concerns you have to a RavenCon staff member in a timely manner.
We are a family-friendly convention. All forms of harassment are detrimental to the well-being of our attendees and the convention in general. It is imperative that everyone understands that No means No.
If you find yourself in a situation where you feel you are being harassed, please remain calm and ask the person to stop. If they do not stop, remove yourself from the situation as quickly as possible. Find friends or a staff member and ask for assistance. Refrain from the use of aggression or physical force unless your life and well-being are in danger.
If you need intervention, bring your concerns to a member of the staff as soon as possible. If you have witnesses, ask them to accompany you. The convention staff will investigate the situation. If the incident takes place after hours, proceed to Hotel Registration where they will contact the convention staff. If you feel threatened with harm, call the hotel’s front desk and/or 911 to ask for police protection.
Once the incident has been reported, the Con Chair and Senior Staff will investigate the incident (see Rule 1).
Please help us keep RavenCon a safe and fun environment for everyone. (RavenCon’s harassment policy also extends to our hosted sites on social media as well.)