RavenCon is active in community service. Each year we hold a Charity Auction to raise funds for that year’s designated charity. Our programming guests, dealers, and attendees all generously donate items to be auctioned off. So far, RavenCon has raised over $14,000 for charities and non-profit organizations.
In 2018, we will be supporting the Celiac Disease Foundation. Since its founding in 1990, Celiac Disease Foundation has funded and executed national initiatives in three principal areas to bring an end to the suffering caused by celiac disease: medical research, patient and healthcare provider education, and public policy advocacy.
Charities We’ve Supported
- 2017 — The Interstitial Cystitis Association, raised $2600
- 2016 — The Dialysis Patients Citizens’ Education Center, raised $2700
- 2015 — The Richmond Animal League, raised $3330
- 2014 — The Foundation Fighting Blindness, raised $2000
- 2013 — The Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- 2012 — The American Cancer Society and the National Breast Cancer Foundation
- 2011 — The Commemorative Air Force (CAF)
- 2010 — The Virginia Aviation Museum
- 2009 — The Edgar Allan Poe Museum, raised $800
- 2008 — The Monacan High School Literacy Fund, raised $600