RavenCon is active in community service. Each year we hold a Charity Auction to raise funds for that year’s designated charity. Our programming guests, dealers, and attendees all generously donate items to be auctioned off. So far, RavenCon has raised over $12,000 for charities and non-profit organizations.
In 2016, we will be supporting the Dialysis Patients Citizens’ Education Center. The Center is dedicated to improving kidney patients’ quality of life and reducing the occurrence of ESRD (end-stage renal disease) by developing awareness of dialysis and kidney disease issues, improving the partnership between patients and caregivers, and developing public policy solutions.
Charities We’ve Supported
- 2015 — The Richmond Animal League (in memory of John Jones), raised $3330
- 2014 — The Foundation for Fighting Blindness, raised $2000
- 2013 — The Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- 2012 — The American Cancer Society and the National Breast Cancer Foundation
- 2011 — The Commemorative Air Force (CAF)
- 2010 — The Virginia Aviation Museum
- 2009 — The Edgar Allan Poe Museum, raised $800
- 2008 — The Monacan High School Literacy Fund, raised $600