RavenCon is active in community service. Each year we hold a Charity Auction to raise funds for that year’s designated charity. Our programming guests, dealers, and attendees all generously donate items to be auctioned off. So far, RavenCon has raised over $14,000 for charities and non-profit organizations.
In 2017, we will be supporting the Interstitial Cystitis Association (ICA). The Interstitial Cystitis Association is the only nonprofit charitable organization dedicated solely to improving the quality of healthcare and the lives of people living with interstitial cystitis (IC). IC is a recurring pelvic pain, pressure, or discomfort in the bladder and pelvic region, often associated with urinary frequency (needing to go often) and urgency (feeling a strong need to go). IC can affect anyone. More than 12 million people in the US have IC, including two members of the RavenCon staff.
If you would like to make a donation to the ICA you can do so through this link.
Charities We’ve Supported
- 2016 — The Dialysis Patients Citizens’ Education Center (in memory of Ed Pope and Bud Webster), raised $2700
- 2015 — The Richmond Animal League (in memory of John Jones), raised $3330
- 2014 — The Foundation for Fighting Blindness, raised $2000
- 2013 — The Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- 2012 — The American Cancer Society and the National Breast Cancer Foundation
- 2011 — The Commemorative Air Force (CAF)
- 2010 — The Virginia Aviation Museum
- 2009 — The Edgar Allan Poe Museum, raised $800
- 2008 — The Monacan High School Literacy Fund, raised $600